The Holmes Public Library has taken a considered and cautious approach to resuming in-person library services.
The safety of library staff and the public is paramount in the delivery of our reopening plan. The Holmes Public Library must adhere to the Mandatory Workplace Safety Standards and Sector Specific Safety Protocols and best practices given by the state.
Hours of Operation:
Open to Public
Monday and Wednesday 12:00 – 6:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Monday and Wednesday 12:00 pm – 5:45 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 am – 4:45 pm
Friday 10:00 am – 1:45 pm
All returns must be placed in the outside book drop and will be quarantined for 96 hours. All fines are waived. We are not accepting any donations at this time.
Here are some things you need to know before your visit to the library:
- Face coverings are required for all staff and patrons
- Occupancy limit 10 people including staff, patrons and other workers
- We have implemented a 15-minute time limit in the building including computer/copier use and checkout time. This is to limit exposure in the building and not a matter of occupancy. We love to see you and say a quick ‘Hello’ but we are attempting to create a ‘Grab and Go’ environment in the building.
- In the event a face mask cannot be worn, Library Director will provide alternative services
- Restrooms will be unavailable to the public
- Children’s Area is closed. Please contact Miss Holly to request a bag of materials selected especially for your child.
- Curbside Pickup is available and strongly encouraged
- Only two computers are available with a time limit of 15 minutes
- The copy machine is available
- Fax services are available
- At this time, we are unable to let you borrow any office supplies
- All public computers and the copy machine will be wiped down and disinfected between uses
- Disinfecting wipes will be provided at each work stations for patrons to wipe down equipment before/after use.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available at the entrance to the building and throughout floor areas for staff and patrons.
- All newspapers have been removed
- All public seating has been removed
The Staff at the Holmes Public Library has worked hard to create a warm, welcoming, and safe environment for our community. We appreciate your cooperation in our efforts as we continue to try to provide services to our patrons.